I really don’t have much to say this week. I’ve been a terrible goal-keeper lately, in the sense that I am not meeting my goals. I am always a bad goal-keeper in quidditch or those other sports.
I could lie, and tell you things are great or that a Pegasus ate my computer, or I could give you all of my real and totally valid excuses, but I just respect you too much, and really I think my integrity deserves praise, even if my ambition is failing me. So, you’re welcome, don’t mention it.
Instead of any of those things, here’s a list of stuff that I really need to be doing, but which aren’t getting done, and anyone who wants to fight about it can find the spare key, lug me off the couch, and convince me to square up.
- My book, obvs. It’s at such an exciting point! I really want to be working on it. But instead I’m not.
- Learning a new language. I am about 6 months behind my study of Creole.
- Beta reading a friend’s book. Also at the exciting part!! And excellent! But taking me forever because life is awful and full of pain.
- Painting my bookshelves. They’re gonna look so good, friends. Right now they look, well…not good.
- Writing for various blogs. I owe at least article (oh, shit, no, two articles) and one “about” section to different people. Sigh.
- Cleaning the house. These dust bunnies are just about ready to fight my cats, and I’m getting scared they’ll win.
- Recording the audiobook for Feeding Frenzy. Y’all. This book came out two years ago. Two. American. Years.
- Watch The Good Place. Yes, thank you, I’ve heard it’s amazing. It’s on the list.
So, yeah, it’s been busy and I’m extremely behind, but it’s February. I have worn pants or better every single day so far, and I’ve only yelled at, like…3-5 people. If you think about it, I’m kind of a rock star.
Here’s hoping this week is really stellar and I have so much to tell you next week!